Where To Stay, Eat, and Play When You Are Here For Your Wedding In Lake Wales
Lake Wales Local Lodging, Dining, and Attractions
Local Cottages Near The Sugar Barn
There are 4 cottages about 1 mile from The Sugar Barn that offer weekend rentals. They are all in the same neighborhood and are not listed on Airbnb.
- The Sugar Shack – This lovely cottage owned by the Sugar Barn is located just 1 mile from the wedding venue. It has 2 bedrooms, sleeps 6, and has views of Lake Rosalie from its wrap-around screened porch.
- Joan’s Hideaway – This is a beautiful 2-bedroom home that sleeps 6. Please call Joan at 863.528.6024.
- Lake Rosalie Cottage – This cottage is right on the lake, and has 2 bedrooms. It is owned and managed by Mike and Tanya. Call them at 615.207.1603 or 615.479.2582.
- Amelia Cottage – This cottage located near the Sugar Barn has 3 bedrooms. Owned and managed by Jeff, he can be reached at 813.967.5863.
Hotels & Motels within 10 to 30 Minutes of The Sugar Barn
- The Hampton Inn – This well-appointed hotel is located approximately 20 minutes from The Sugar Barn at 22900 US-27 S, Lake Wales, FL. Call 863.734.3000
- Holiday Inn Express – This hotel is a 20-minute drive from The Sugar Barn located off RT 27 at 2953 Ridge Way, Lake Wales, FL. Call 863.949.4800
- Courtyard by Marriott – This hotel is approximately 30 minutes away and located at 6225 Cypress Gardens Blvd., Winter Haven, FL. Call 863.292.3000
- The Guy Harvey – Camp Mack Lodge – Located about 5 miles from the Sugar Barn, directly down the same road, they offer motel-style rooms at their location as well as RV sites. Visit guyharveycampmack.com and call 800.243.8013
Mention you are having your wedding at the Sugar Barn and ask about blocking rooms and special rates. Guests need to book their rooms well in advance to guarantee lower rates and availability.
The following is a list of some local restaurants in Lake Wales and Winter Haven. Please be sure to call them to confirm their hours and accommodations. Some of these locations can accommodate larger groups for rehearsal dinners and family gatherings. There are also some chain restaurants that can be found in Winter Haven, such as Carrabba’s and Olive Garden.
For a rehearsal dinner with a private space, contact the Lake Wales Country Club and let them know you are having your wedding here at The Sugar Barn so they can accommodate you.
Lake Wales Country Club – 2925 East ST. RD. 60 Lake Wales – 863.676.2422
Lake Wales Dining
- L’Incontro – Contemporary Italian dishes, including homemade pasta, served in a tranquil, classic atmosphere. Lake Wales – 863.676.7400
- The Crooked Bass Grill and Tavern – Seafood, burgers, steaks, pizza, and wings.
Babson Park, FL – 863.356.3172
- The Ranch Taproom and Coffee House – Breakfast and lunch only, but will open after hours to host luncheons and rehearsal dinners. Lake Wales – 863.589.5100
- Jay Bees – Diner-style home cooking. Breakfast and lunch only. Call to ask about private events. Lake Wales – 863.696.1901
- Sizzling Grill – Lively, informal dining specializing in steaks & seafood dishes, plus burgers & other American fare. Lake Wales – 863.676.4898
- Chili’s Grill & Bar – Family-friendly chain serving classic Tex-Mex & American fare in a Southwestern-style setting. Lake Wales – 863.676.9500
- Gator Mack’s Sports Bar – Casual bar setting serving casual dining located down the road from the SugarBarn Lake Wales – 863.696.3863
- Manny’s Original Chophouse – Seafood, steaks, burgers, salad, pizza, wings. Lake Wales – 863.678.0307
- Melanie’s Seafood Company – Located in downtown Lake Wales serving delicious seafood dishes and other fare. Lake Wales – 863.949.6879
Winter Haven Dining
Recommended dining is approximately 30 minutes away. All of these can accommodate rehearsal dinner parties.
- Arabellas Italian Restaurant 346 W. Central Ave., Winter Haven – 863.293.1797
- The Fire – Traditional and Modern Cuisine – 325 W.Central Ave., Winter Haven – 863.875.5544
- Harborside – Seafood, Steaks, Oysters 2435 7th St. SW, Winter Haven – 863.293.7070
- Ovation Bistro – Seafood, Steaks, Burgers – 7130 Cypress Gardens Blvd., Winter Haven – 863.656.1972
- Harry’s Old Place – Seafood, Steaks, Burgers – 3751 Cypress Gardens Road, Winter Haven – 863.324.0301
Local Attractions in the Lake Wales Area
Downtown Lake Wales – A charming downtown with shops and restaurants, including antique shops and a farmers Market on the weekend.
Bok Tower Gardens – A national landmark located close to downtown Lake Wales which is a wonderful experience. The gardens have paths to meander through, shaded grassy areas to picnic and a wonderful children’s area to visit. It also has a lovely gift shop and cafe to visit.
Kissimmee State Park – Located about 5 miles down Camp Mack Road from the Sugar Barn and has many trails, boat docks and fishing.
Alligator Cove Airboat Nature Tours – Group tours, land tours, private cruises, airboat rides, and more 863.696.0406.
Alligator Unlimited Nature Tours – Deluxe sunset tours, dinner tours, and premier adult nature tours. 863.696.0313.
Westgate River Ranch Resort & Rodeo – Dude Ranch and luxury glamping resort with activities such as the rodeo, campfires, live music, dining and ranching activities. 863.692.1321
Legoland Water Park in Winter Haven – Theme park with all kinds of family activities. Legoland.com
Cooter Tiki Cruise – Take a beautiful cruise on the Kissimmee River with Captain Scott Siller. Call for details. 863.330.4495
Walt Disney World – The happiest place on earth is a just a little over 1-hour away. Why not stay there for your honeymoon? Did you know we offer a helicopter exit to the Waldorf Astoria Orlando, an official Disney Luxury Hotel, from just outside the doors of the Sugar Barn? Ask us about it!
Have Other Questions?
Send us note, and we will get right back to you.